Goals & Beliefs
The following statements are the basic Christian convictions of our school. They represent the personal beliefs of all our staff and board members and will be the basis of our teaching:
- We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Bible to be the only authoritative, inspired, infallible and inerrant Word of God.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His atoning death for the sins of the world, His bodily resurrection, and His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His future personal return to the world in power and glory.
- We believe in the regenerative power of the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God's grace and through faith alone are we saved.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit who enables the Christian to live a Godly life.
- To guide our students to Bible knowledge, which will contribute to spiritual growth and maturity.
- To teach a balanced curriculum, which reflects the Ontario Ministry of Education requirements, but provides a Biblically based Christian framework and focus, while pursuing academic excellence.
- To develop current and future church members who are committed Christians, equipped for service and actively participating in various ministry areas at home or abroad.
- To develop the whole child physically, emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually in a Christ-centered environment.
- To provide a safe, secure, affirming learning environment, enriched with acceptable social interactions, based on common Christian Biblical principles, to contribute to developing spiritual maturity.
- To extend the application of Biblical principles of child rearing from home through the ten years of elementary school experience, in order to reinforce Christian values in the child's worldview while supporting our Christian families.
- To communicate on an ongoing basis with Evangel Temple, pastor and congregation.
- To communicate on an ongoing basis with all Cornerstone represented and supporting churches.