Academics are of great importance to the principal, teachers, staff and parents of Cornerstone.
Each student is treated with love and respect and is given the best opportunity possible to learn in a safe environment. We believe in helping our students reach for and achieve high academic standards, reflected in exceptional Canadian Achievement Testing (CAT) Scores.
Our teacher-to-student ratio is small, which affords ample opportunity for individual attention. Emphasis is placed on a structured Phonics program, which results in high literacy levels from an early age (ABeka curriculum). Our qualified and dedicated teaching staff have integrated cutting edge technology, including the use of Apple TV, iPads and SMART Board technology.
We do our best to integrate the love and teachings of Christ through all subjects, showing students that Christ is interested and included in all areas of their lives.
Cornerstone's Unique Characteristics Include:
• everything is taught from a Biblical world view
• small class sizes (average 12-15 students per teacher)
• qualified, caring teachers, who love Jesus
• Biblical Studies
• strong academic programs
• daily devotions
• Scripture memorization
• weekly chapel services
• high expectations for student behaviour
• a resource department to assist children with IEPs (we cannot meet all needs – assessed on an individual basis)
• Smartboard, iPads and Apple TV technology
• the development of individual talents
• musical productions
• art shows & project days
• direct parental involvement
• daily communication with parents through agenda use
• a book lending library
• family activities